John P. Economu, CAI -- Founder & CEO
John Economou, CAI is the founder and CEO of LuJohn’s Enterprises, Inc., a recognized world leader in the live/online internet auction technology industry. LuJohn’s ever expanding network of affiliates branch out into 44 states and Europe, including England, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland and Hong Kong and conducts approximately 500 auctions per year, with approximately 1 billion dollars in live internet auctions to date. LuJohn’s is currently providing auction technology to the largest real estate auction companies in the country. Economou also conducts antique, real estate, commercial and benefit auctions with his firm LuJohn’s Auctioneers having successfully sold non distress real estate at auction since 1995.
Mr. Economou is a past 3 term president of the Massachusetts State Auctioneers Association and Chairman of the Board. He has traveled nationwide lecturing to the Auction Industry and has judged bid calling championships in various states. Numerous companies have sought him for consultation in the defense and technology industries. John has also designed the multiple listing service of real estate auctions for the National Auctioneers Association (the largest organization of auctioneers in the world) and is currently serving on its technology committee. LuJohn’s Enterprises, now celebrating its 10th Anniversary, has provided live bidding technology for the Auction Network, founded in 2007, to create compelling interactive programming that utilizes a first class media broadcast which enables the audience to not only watch but engage in the thrill of the bidding process from the comfort of their home, to anywhere in the world. LuJohn’s Enterprises provided the auction technology in many of the world’s highest profile charity auctions in this past year such as the Bob Hope, Ozzy Osbourne, Grammy Awards tribute to Aretha Franklin, and the EAA Young Eagles gathering with chairman Harrison Ford and John Travolta.
His academic credentials include a BS in Electrical Engineering Technology with honors, from Northeastern University and holds the CAI certification, the highest professional designation for an auctioneer, from the Auction Marketing Institute at Indiana University. He is a USPAP certified appraiser and a licensed realtor, and is the current 2008 Massachusetts Bid Calling Champion.
John is very active in the community and has supported the fundraising efforts of many local non-profit, church and education based organizations. Being an active auctioneer and software developer, John truly enjoys the auction industry and is a dedicated worker, bringing auction software to the modern era and creating an original outlook on the way the world experiences their auctions.
- BS in Electrical Engineering Technology with honors, from Northeastern University .
- Computer Design Engineer, for GE Ordinance Systems.
- Engineering consultant to numerous companies in the technology and defense industries including: Ramcon Industries, General Dynamics, Lockheed/Martin, Magneto Elastic Devices Inc.
- CAI certification, the highest professional designation for an auctioneer, from the Auction Marketing Institute at Indiana University .
- International School of auction graduate.
- Certified Appraiser ~ Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
- Licensed Realtor
- 3 term president of Massachusetts State Auctioneers Association, Past Chairman of the Board, and current Board member.
- National Auctioneers Association, currently serving on its technology committee
- Auction Marketing Institute
- Founder of LuJohn’s Enterprises
- Traveled nationwide lecturing to the Auction Industry and has judged Bid Calling Championships in various states.
- Recognized world leader in the Online Auction Industry both Live Web cast and Online Silent Auctions.
- Auction services, sold billions of dollars in assets to internet bidders.
- Trained and provided his technology to leading auction companies throughout the United States from Hawaii to Massachusetts and the world.
LuJohns ever expanding network of affiliates is growing at an ever increasing pace which currently includes the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Texas, Washington, Wyoming
Luisa Economou Gemologist, (GIA), Notary Public, PCGS and NGC authorized coin dealer, USPAP certified appraiser, 25 years appraisal experience as owner of Pittsfield Precious Metals, a trusted local company that deals in antiques, fine art, precious and semi precious gems, gold, silver & antique jewelry & watches, US & foreign coins, stamps, and currency, ephemera and bullion.
Contact the LuJohns Group
93 First Street , Pittsfield , MA 01201 1.800.243.4420 or 1.413.443.2500 email@example.com